Sunday, May 4, 2008

Living In The Gap

One dilemma, with which I often wrestle, is the low level of trust that I have in the belief of being then doing to obtain the having rather than, so automatically, leaning towards first doing then having and consequently acquiring the desired state of being. How do I live the former, day-by-day and moment-by-moment?

In the very instant that I have an idea for producing a particular, tangible result there is the gap between where I am and where I want to be. Can I enjoy what there is in my current moments when, in the background, there also live my concerns about that gap and all that I see there is to do?

The key is clarity about what I want.

From a powerful position of clarity, I can then determine who I would need to be, while engaging with current activities, which moves me toward the doing and the having that I desire.

It is important to remember that any state of being is something that I choose and that it comes from within. It is not determined by external circumstances, as I have been programmed to believe.

When I start being happy and satisfied then I begin doing the things that happy and satisfied people do, there and then, I have what happy and satisfied people have.

This does not mean that I will no longer create and just accept what I have in the physical realm. It does mean that I am able to day-by-day experience and live the being-ness of my desired outcome!

Whether I choose to be anxious during the next hour or whether I choose being at ease for the next hour, changes my perception of what occurs in that hour and shifts how I respond to circumstances, ultimately changing outcomes and my future. When I choose to operate on automatic and merely react to what happens in that hour, then that too will produce a particular result.

"Realize that now,in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment based on what you are feeling and thinking. That is what's real. We can let go of the unconscious belief that being anxious about the past or the future will somehow protect us and instead reprogram our cells with new ways of responding." (Doc Childre - from Overcoming Emotional Chaos)

Thea Westra is an international life coach who resides in Perth, Western Australia. She is editor and publisher of a free, monthly newsletter at http://www.forwardsteps.com.au Thea also publishes a few blogs, visit here inspiration -daily.blogspot.com/">http:// inspiration -daily.blogspot.com/ for directional links to each.

Foundation For Inner Peace

No comments: